Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes

Sun, 12 Jun 2022 20:32:46 -0700
v122.n020.6
* Exported from MasterCook *

                     Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes

Recipe By     : Giada De Laurentiis
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Hand Made                       Main Dish
                 Posted                          Side Dish
                 Snacks                          Stand Mixer

                         pizza dough: -- makes 2 1/2 lb
   1 1/3           cups  water -- warm, (between 100-110F, 38-43C/320ml)
   2 1/4      teaspoons  Red Star Platinum instant yeast -- contains
dough enhancer
   1         Tablespoon  granulated sugar -- (13g)
   2        Tablespoons  olive oil -- (30ml)
      3/4      teaspoon  salt
   3 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour -- Note 1:
   2        tablespoons  extra-virgin olive oil
                         Coarse sea salt -- for sprinkling
   1                     garlic clove -- minced
   1                     shallot -- cut into thinly sliced rounds
   1         tablespoon  rosemary -- fresh
      1/2           cup  green grapes
      1/2           cup  red grapes

Homemade Pizza Crust:

Prep: 2:15
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 2:30
Yield: 2 12" pizzas

Note 1: plus more for hands and surface sprinkle of cornmeal for
dusting the pan, (438g)

Whisk the warm water, yeast, and granulated sugar together in the
bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a dough hook or paddle
attachment. Cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes. *If you don't have
a stand mixer, simply use a large mixing bowl and mix the dough with
a wooden spoon or rubber spatula in the next step.

Add the olive oil, salt, and flour. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. With lightly
floured hands, knead the dough for 3-4 minutes. The dough can be a
little too heavy for a mixer to knead it, but you can certainly use
the mixer on low speed instead. After kneading, the dough should
still feel a little soft. Poke it with your finger - if it slowly
bounces back, your dough is ready to rise. If not, keep kneading.

Lightly grease a large bowl with oil or nonstick spray- just use the
same bowl you used for the dough. Place the dough in the bowl,
turning it to coat all sides in the oil. Cover the bowl with aluminum
foil, plastic wrap, or a clean kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rise
at room temperature for 60-90 minutes or until double in size. (Tip:
For the warm environment on a particularly cold day, heat your oven
to 150F (66C). Turn the oven off, place the dough inside, and keep
the door slightly ajar. This will be a warm environment for your
dough to rise. After about 30 minutes, close the oven door to trap
the air inside with the rising dough. When it's doubled in size,
remove from the oven.)

Preheat oven to 475F (246C). Allow it to heat for at least 15-20
minutes as you shape the pizza. Lightly grease baking sheet or pizza
pan with nonstick spray or olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with cornmeal,
which gives the crust extra crunch and flavor. Highly recommended.

Pizza:
Shape the dough: When the dough is ready, punch it down to release
any air bubbles. Divide the dough in half. (If not making 2 pizzas,
freeze half of the dough for another time- see freezing instructions
below.) On a lightly floured work surface using lightly floured hands
or rolling pin, gently flatten the dough into a disc. Place on
prepared pan and, using lightly floured hands, stretch and flatten
the disc into a 12" circle. Lift the edge of the dough up to create a
lip around the edges. I simply pinch the edges up to create the rim.
If using a pizza stone, place the dough directly on baker's peels
dusted with cornmeal.

Cover dough lightly with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and
allow to rest for a few minutes as you prepare your pizza toppings. I
suggest pepperoni & green peppers or jalapeño slices, extra cheese
pizza, Hawaiian pizza, classic margherita pizza, spinach artichoke
white pizza, or homemade BBQ chicken pizza.

Top & bake the pizza: To prevent the filling from making your pizza
crust soggy, brush the top lightly with olive oil. Using your
fingers, push dents into the surface of the dough to prevent
bubbling. Top with your favorite toppings and bake for 12-15 minutes.

Slice hot pizza and serve immediately. Cover leftover pizza tightly
and store in the refrigerator. Reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza
slices can be frozen up to 3 months.

Notes: Freezing Instructions: This recipe yields enough dough for two
12" pizzas, a little less than 2 pounds total. After the pizza dough
rises and you divide the dough in half (step 5), you can freeze one
of the balls of dough to make pizza at a later time. Or you can
simply freeze both balls of dough separately. Lightly coat all sides
of the dough ball(s) with nonstick spray or olive oil. Place the
dough ball(s) into individual zipped-top bag(s) and seal tightly,
squeezing out all the air. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, place
the frozen pizza dough in the refrigerator for about 8 hours or
overnight. When ready to make pizza, remove the dough from the
refrigerator and allow to rest for 30 minutes on the counter.
Continue with step 5, punching down the dough to release air if needed.

Overnight/All Day Instructions: Prepare the dough through step 3, but
allow the dough to rise for 8-12 hours in the refrigerator. (If it
needs to be in the refrigerator for longer, use cooler water in the
dough which will slow the dough's rise and allow for more time.) The
slow rise gives the pizza dough wonderful flavor! When ready,
continue with step 5. If the dough didn't quite double in size
overnight, let it sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes before
punching down (step 5).

Note 2: Yeast: Red Star Platinum yeast is an instant yeast. You can
use active dry yeast instead. The rise time will be at least 90 minutes.

Focaccia:
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 25 min
Total: 35 min

Preheat the oven to 400F. Divide out 1 lb dough. Roll the pizza dough
into a rectangle on a sheet of parchment paper. Place the dough and
the parchment on a baking sheet.

Using a pastry brush, cover the top of the dough with olive oil.
Sprinkle the dough with coarse sea salt. Sprinkle the dough with the
garlic, shallot, and rosemary. Spread the grapes over the top of the
dough and push down into the dough.

Bake the focaccia until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cut into
slices and serve.

Cal 248, Fat 7g, Sod 549mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 6g

Review: I make this every year for Thanksgiving because the out of
town family demands it!!! LOL. Love this. My go to recipe for a
simple appetizer.

Review: Love Love Love this easy recipe!!! My family loves it
too...It is one of my go tos for snacky meals for hot summer days...
Or a bread to serve with a berry chicken salad!! I added tomatoes and
sauted Vidella onions ... just made it mine

Review: Delicious. Savory and sweet.

Review: I just sent my version of this recipe to my mother-in-law
because I made it while they were out here, and my father-in-law
loved it and has asked for the recipe.

I modified the recipe slightly. I use a little bit more garlic and
shallots, and I saute them first to carmelize the onions. I also use
a little more oil, and I spread it on the sides of the bread, too. I
don't use as much salt as Giada's recipe calls for, either. And I
chop the rosemary before sprinkling.

The combo of sweet and savory is just delicious. I pair this with
steak instead of making potatoes. Big hit!

Review: Garlic and herbs made this focaccia really flavorful. I made
my own pizza dough and it worked perfectly for this recipe. (250g
bread flour, 160ml water, 2g dry yeast, 4g salt, 3g olive oil)

Review: Can't wait to make this one again! Don't let the grapes throw
you. The combination of sweet and savory is incredible.

Review: Grapes on focaccia isn't too common so I was a little
skeptical about making this recipe. But after reading the good
reviews and seeing the show, I decided to give it a try and I'm glad
I did! This bread is sooo goood! The only thing I disliked was having
the taste of strong sea salt in each bite. Maybe next time I'll use
fine sea salt instead of coarse.

Review: This was such a treat. I absolutely loved the contrast in
flavors - the sweet grapes and the savory garlic and shallots. This
will be a staple for a long time to come.

Review: I just made this recipe and it was delicious! I loved the
textures and the flavors were in perfect harmony!

Review: I brought this bread to a potluck. It was gone in less than
10 minutes. Everyone was raving about it. Someone even called me the
"appetizer queen". Hee hee The shallot, onion, rosemary, and
sweetness from the grapes were perfectly balanced. You would think
the grapes would be too sweet, but they werent. I was worried that it
would not taste right b/c my grapes didnt burst, but it was fine.
Also, make sure that you read the directions on the dough versus this
recipe. Giada's recipe calls for 25 minutes, but my dough only needed
15. I'll be making this one for a long time.

Review: So easy! I usually can not fnd the time to write reviews but
I made this as an appetizer at a party and what a hit. I got soooo
many compliments and it was beyond easy.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/focaccia-with-rosemary-and-grapes-recipe-1937607

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 281 Calories; 7g Fat (23.9%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 203mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 1019