Cinnamon Brown Sugar Pull Apart Bread with Raisins

Sun, 25 Feb 2024 21:38:06 -0800
v124.n004.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

         Bread, Cinnamon Brown Sugar Pull Apart Bread with Raisins

Recipe By     :Joanna Cismaru
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Fruit                           Posted
                 Stand Mixer

                         For the Dough
   3               cups  all purpose flour
      1/4           cup  granulated sugar
   1         tablespoon  active dry yeast
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   2              ounce  unsalted butter
      1/3           cup  whole milk
      1/4           cup  warm water
   2              large  eggs -- at room temp
   1           teaspoon  pure vanilla extract
                         For the Filling
   1                cup  brown sugar
   2           teaspoon  ground cinnamon
      1/2      teaspoon  nutmeg -- fresh ground
   2              ounce  unsalted butter -- melted until browned

One trick I sometimes use if I don't have enough time to get the
dough to rise faster I turn the oven on to about 200 F degrees and
let it warm up the oven for a couple minutes then turn it off. I then
place my dough in the oven with the door closed and it nicely rises
fairly quickly. Make sure you don't heat the oven too much because
you don't want your dough to cook, you just want a nice warm
temperature in there.

Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Total: 1 hr 10 mins

In a small bowl mix the yeast with the warm water. Let it sit until
it bubbles. In the meantime, melt the butter in the microwave for
about 45 seconds then add the milk to it and stir. Add eggs and
vanilla and whisk.

In the bowl of your mixer add all the dry ingredients, flour, sugar
and salt. Pour the wet ingredients, including the yeast mixture and
mix for about 3 to 5 minutes, the dough will be a bit sticky. Place
in an oiled bowl. Heat the oven at 200 F degrees for a couple minutes
just until it warms up a bit, then place the bowl in the oven and let
it double in size for about an hour.

Roll the dough out into a rectangle that's about 12 inches by 20
inches. Brush the dough with butter, then sprinkle with the brown
sugar cinnamon mix and just because, I added raisins. Cut the dough
into 6 long strips vertically. Stack 3 strips on top of each other,
so you end up with 2 stack of 3 strips each. Cut each stack into 4
little stacks. I ended up with 8 total little stacks. Layer the dough
squares in the loaf pan like a flip-book. Cover the loaf pan with a
damp kitchen towel and let rest for another 30 minutes until almost
doubled in size.

Preheat oven to 350 F degrees and bake the bread for about 35 to 40
minutes or until golden brown. Let the bread cool for about 20
minutes then carefully remove it from the pan.

Source:
   "adapted from Joy the Baker"
S(Internet address):
   https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/cinnamon-brown-sugar-pull-apart-bread-with-raisins/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 225 Calories; 13g Fat (51.3%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
85mg Cholesterol; 166mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2022 - 0925