BEWARE BHT !!!!

magherrick@juno.com (Margaret E Herrick)
Sat, 4 Oct 1997 12:35:06 DT
v097.n060.15
This is to Ron Chochran who is considering using a deadly poison BHT in
his bread.

Please!  We make our own bread in order to AVOID such dangerous
additives.  that stuff is usually added to the PACKAGING of cereals, not
to the flour!

My DAK machine makes a huge loaf that just fits in a number 9 Rubbermaid
container.  Ssometimes it rises even higher and we have to use a little
before it will shut.  I cut the loaf in half vertically and put half in a
plastic bag and placed back in that container. The other half, I keep cut
side down to avoid contact with air.

Maybe we use ours up faster but it is only we two.  Sometimes if it is
not using up fast enough I keep it in the refrigerator, of course in the
Rubbermaid container.

I suggest you use an air cleaner in your home to remove some of the mold
spores that must be floating around.  Perhaps you live in a tropical
climate and should package your bread airtight and immediately put it in
the refrigerator.

Bread dries out easily in the refrigerator or freezer (we often freeze
some) so it needs to be double wrapped and totally airtight for chilling
or freezing.

You sound like a nice person and we'd like to keep you around, so please
don't poison your own food.

Sincerely                Maggie