Re: Fuccosia Recipes (FOCACCIA?)

"Bill Hatcher" <bhatcher@gc.net>
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 07:15:39 -0400
v097.n065.2
Pamela -

If we are talking about the same bread, here is a good recipe that I make
frequently.

Regards.

----
Bill Hatcher
bhatcher@gc.net
Southampton County, Virginia, USA

>--------------- MESSAGE bread-bakers.v097.n062.12 ---------------
>From: Frank Thompson <frankt@psdunix.provo.k12.ut.us>
>Subject: Digest bread-bakers:Fuccosia Recipes
>Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 19:39:07 -0600
>Could someone *please* post some Fuccosia recipes??  I had some and fell in
love
>with
>it!
>Thanks so much in advance!
>~Pamela

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *
                      FOCACCIA (Italian Flat Bread)
Recipe By     : Red Star Yeast
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :2:00
Categories    : Breads                           Italian
                To/From Breadlist
   2 1/2  c             All purpose flour (Additional as needed)
   1      pkg           Yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
   1      tbsp          Sugar
   1      tsp           Salt
   1      c             Very warm water (120-130 deg F.)
   1      tbsp          Oil
                        - - - - -
                        TOPPING
     1/2  c             Chopped onion
   2      tbsp          Butter or margarine
     1/4  tsp           Sugar
     1/8  tsp           Salt
In large mixer bowl, combine 1 1/2 c. flour, yeast, 1 T. sugar and 1 t. salt;
mix well. Add water and oil to flour mixture. Blend at low speed until
moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in enough
remaining flour to make a firm dough. Knead on floured surface 5 to 8 minutes,
adding flour as needed. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let
rise in warm place about 40 minutes (20 minutes for Quick Rise yeast).
Prepare onion topping. In small skillet, saute onion in butter until soft. Stir
in 1/3 t. sugar and 1/8 t. salt.
Punch down dough. On lightly floured surface, shape dough into a ball. Place on
greased cookie sheet. Flatten to a 10-inch circle. With table knife, cut a
circle in dough about 1 inch from edge, cutting almost through to cookie sheet.
Prick center with a fork. Spread Onion Topping over the pricked dough. Cover;
let rise in warm place about 30 minutes (15 minutes for Quick Rise). Bake at 375
deg. for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
Variation. Omit Onion Topping. Instead of pricking top, cut a criss-cross design
with a sharp knife. Brush bread with an egg glaze made by combining 1 egg yolk
and 1 T. milk or water. Sprinkle with sesame seed if desired.