Black bread and bread stamps

"stefanie" <gaggini@gate.usaor.net>
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 08:08:28 +0000
v098.n009.2
Reggie, don't laugh but the only kind of bread stamps that come to
mind are the ones you can buy in the Harriet Carter type mail order
catalogs. I have seen Disney ones that change your toast into Mickey
Mouse. I don't know if it would work or even if that is what you had
in mind, but what the heck.

Also for JSvahua, here is a Russian Black Bread recipe I have. I
haven't made it in a while but it is worth a shot. Oh, sorry, I don't
know if this works in a bread machine, this is to be made in a
Kitchen Aid.

LauraG
Pittsburgh, PA

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Russian Black Bread

Recipe By     : Pillsbury Family Cookbook
Serving Size  : 24   Preparation Time :3:00
Categories    : Yeast Bread                      Breads

   2 1/2  cups          water
     1/2  cup           molasses
     1/4  cup           oil
   1      ounce         unsweetened baking chocolate -- melted and cooled
   2 1/2  cups          flour
   2      cups          bran cereal -- shredded
   1      tablespoon    sugar
   1      tablespoon    instant coffee
   1      tablespoon    salt
   2      teaspoons     onion powder
   2      packages      yeast
   4      cups          rye flour

Prepare as usual for any yeast bread, cover and let rise for
 1 hour. Punch down and shape into 24 rolls and place in 2 9 inch
greased cake pans OR shape into 2 free form round loaves. Cover and
let rise. Bake rolls for 35-40 minutes or loaves for 45-55 minutes in
375F oven.