[no subject]

"Ellen C." <ellen@elekta.com>
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 14:53:12 -0500
v098.n009.5
*  I bought a Cuisinart (11 cup) and am wondering if I have a defective one.

Veronica, I don't think your Cuisinart is defective. I've had mine for almost
20 years, and it does the same thing. If I remember correctly, the product
literature that came with the machine warned that it shouldn't be filled more
than half way with liquid.

So, when I have a large and very runny amount of liquid, I use my Vita-Mixer or
blender. Thicker liquids, like most purees, do fine in my full Cuisinart.

It may be that the newer Cuisinart's do handle high levels of liquid better
than the old ones, but mine sure never has. I'll be curious to see the other