Cutting Freshly Baked Bread

ehgf@primenet.com (Ellen)
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 14:32:46 -0700 (MST)
v098.n009.19
Hi Gang,
        Here's a question. I know approximately what temperature the
interior of my bread should be when it is fully baked. Does anyone know
what the approximate temperature of a freshly baked bread should be before
cutting it? My family always wants a slice as soon as I pull a loaf out of
the oven. I hold them off at least 1/2 hour so the interior can "set-up".
Occasionally, this is still too soon and the loaf gets squashed and the
slice tastes doughy. We would like to eat the bread while it is still warm,
if possible. Is there a scientific way, such as taking the temperature, to
judge when a loaf can be safely cut?

                                                        Ellen aka Gormay

"Whenever you see food beautifully arranged on a plate, you know someone's
fingers have been all over it.".....Julia Child