Wonderful Bread Recipe

TracyinDE <TracyinDE@aol.com>
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:00:26 EST
v098.n010.3
Hi! I've been reading the list for sometime but this is the first time I've
sent in a recipe. My 7-1/2 year old son only likes "soft, white bread with no
crust" and this is his favorite, compliments of King Arthur Flour.

Toast And Sandwich Bread

2-1/4 t active dry yeast
2-1/2 T sugar
2 T lukewarm water
1 C lukewarm milk
2 t salt
3-1/4 C King Arthur Special for Machines flour
3 T butter, melted

For 1-1/2 lb or larger machine:  place all of the ingredients into the pan of
your bread machine, program for basic white bread (or equivalent) and press
START.

I do a couple of things differently, which may or may not work for your
machine. I substitute 2 T of potato flour for the bread flour, add 1 t of
lemon juice and I also find that I have to add additional liquid as the potato
flour absorbs more moisture. It always turns out delicious, stays moist and I
have also made this on the DOUGH cycle and made cinnamon swirl and other
flavored breads. Hope you enjoy!!