ABM Warrentee policy

tom brown <EUSTOBR@am1.ericsson.se>
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 08:57:25 -0500
v098.n013.9
:
:Hi! I've been enjoying this list for some time - especially the dough
:enhancer comments , Rye recipies & pizza dough.  The reason for this
:post, however , is to warn potential ABM buyers -and especially gift
:givers - about a problem my Mom now has.
:	Mom got a Welbuilt ABM2900 for Christmas, used it about 6 times, and
:was starting to really enjoy it.  Now the machine does absolutely
:nothing - not even display.  Calling Welbuilt, - A proof of purchase is
:REQUIRED for warrantee.  So if it was a gift - NO Warrantee!!! Welbuilt
:said this was a policy "never bent or broken". (I told them I planned
on spreading the word about this!)  They expect the buyer to
:get a "no price' receipt at time of purchase to give with the gift.
:Because this policy is printed clearly in their paperwork!  How Many of
:you  open all your purchases in the store to read the warrantee
:policy?? When it is a gift??
:This company sure puts the Customer "LAST".
:
:I have a Zo -  just wish the Timer worked on Dough!. [Gosh, that
rhymes]

PS I get very hungry reading the list - sort of a Pavlov Dog thing I
guess.

TomB