Dry Buttermilk/Raisin Granola Bread Recipe

prairie-wind@juno.com (Karen K. Deck)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 10:10:23 -0700
v098.n030.4
Vicki:

I have used Saco cultured Buttermilk Blend for several years as a
substitute for buttermilk in many recipes as well as in my ABM.   No
problems to report and the convenience is wonderful!!

I am also in Colorado.  King Sooper's and the Super Wal-Mart stores have
the Saco Buttermilk Blend.  (It is in a small round canister with a red
lid in the area that has dry milk).  Hope this helps.

Thought that someone might enjoy this ABM adaptation of a recipe on the
back of a Pillsbury flour package.

Karen's ABM Adaptation-Raisin Granola Bread (Pillsbury)

For 1 1/2 Lb. Loaf

Water			3/4 cup
Milk			1/3 cup
Oil			3 tbsp.
Honey			2 tbsp.
Salt			1 tsp.
Bread Flour		2 1/2 cups
Grated Orange Peel		1 tbsp.
Granola*			1/4 to 1/2 cup**
Sunflower seeds		1/4 cup**
Raisins			1/4 cup**
Active Dry Yeast		2 1/4 tsp.

*I use Strawberry Muesili instead of granola---wonderful!!
**One-quarter cup of the granola/muesili was added with the flour, the
remaining one-quarter cup was added along with the sunflower seeds and
raisins at the "beep".

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]