RE: About ABM recipes

Darby Stanfill <dstanfill@integrityonline.com>
Sun, 05 Apr 1998 16:35:13 -0700
v098.n030.13
>I suppose I could go out and spend money on an ABM cookbook, but I find
>am less and less inclined to go out and buy cookbooks because, thanks
>the InterNet, I already have more new recipes than I could ever cook in
my
>life even if I cooked a new recipe three times a day and never ever
>repeated one.  So why purchase more?

Gloriamarie, I'm with you on this one!  But... there is one bread
machine book I count as indispensible... its "Bread Machine Magic Book
of Helpful Hints", by Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway.  I did not buy it
for the recipes, but for the wealth of knowledge shared on adapting your
own recipes, and ingredient substitution choices (very in depth - from
sweeteners, liquids, fats, grains, and more), trouble shooting, etc!  (I
even think Lois is on this Bread digest.)  It's almost like going to
bread-machine college!  Anyway, if you get a chance the next time you're
at a book store, be sure to pick this one up and at least thumb through
it to see if it would suit your needs.

>If the recipe says to remove the bread from the bread pan and bake
manully,
>is there any reason why I couldn't just let it bake in the ABM?
Granted,
>I'd loose the shaping, but if I didn't care particularly about that,
does
>it matter?

No, it will cook just fine.  It just won't have the appearance of the
traditional hand-shaped loaf.  (Just make sure the recipe is for the
proper loaf size for your machine - you don't want to have to be
scraping bread from the top of the machine.)

Happy baking! :)

Darby