US bread machines in Europe

Priscilla Fuller <PriscillaF@spl.co.za>
Mon, 4 May 1998 09:22:41 +0200
v098.n037.10
> --------------- MESSAGE bread-bakers.v098.n036.19
> From:	"Andreas Wagner" <andreas_15@classic.msn.com>
> Subject:	US bread machines in Europe
> Date:	Fri, 1 May 98 10:37:40 UT

>	Hi there
>	I wonder if anyone can help me with my query:
>	I would like to get an ABM from the US as there is a much
wider choice of machines and functions available, at a much lower price.  In
theory running such a machine in Europe with a transformer (the current is
usually 220 - 240V) should not be a problem.  However, a friend mentioned
that someone she knows told her that her machines don't do well at all.  Has
anyone got any experiences they could share?
>	Thanks a lot and keep all those wonderful postings coming!
>	Andreas

Andreas - I would steer clear of trying to use a bread machine through a
transformer.  We moved to South Africa from Canada (quite a few years ago I
admit) and brought with us some appliances which we intended to run through
a transformer.  The frying pan NEVER got up to anywhere near the correct
heat.  My sewing machine also runs much slower than it should.  Maybe there
are better transformers around now but you may end up having a bread machine
which really doesn't work at all, so it won't be less expensive!

Priscilla Fuller
Email:  PriscillaF@spl.co.za