Sour Onion Rye (still not the one my mom wants, though!)

ptj <gypsy-witch@rocketmail.com>
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:36:17 -0700 (PDT)
v099.n055.9
I fiddled around and came up with this, which I thought was pretty
darned good, but my mother says it comes close but gets no cigar. She's
still looking for a good sour light rye. I have a suspicion it'll have
to be sourdough or nothing for her, and since she can't keep a
sourdough culture alive she'll always have to buy hers.

But I enjoy this bread a lot!

*BB*

gypsy

ABM Sour Onion Rye
(2 lb loaf)

1 1/3 C water
2 Tb vegetable oil
2 Tb honey
1 1/2 Tb cider vinegar
2 Tb buttermilk powder
2 1/3 C bread flour
1 C rye flour
1/3 C potato flakes
1 tsp salt
2 tsp yeast
1 tsp caraway seeds, optional

=====

Visit Hearthstone Community Church on the Web at
http://www.cats-cradle.com/hearthstone/index.html

The gods move in mysterious ways. Sometimes it falls to us mortals to read
them the road map...