100% Whole Wheat Recipe

"Ed & Carol Kessner" <kessner@bossig.com>
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 11:10:15 -0700
v099.n055.10
Dear Heather in Carnation and list,
This recipe was given to me from Gloria at our local  Bosch Kitchen Center
and was developed by Gloria specifically for the ZO V-20 It was the first
loaf of bread I made in my new machine and it came out tender and light and
very tasty. It raised beautifully! ( My husband is not a fan of whole wheat
bread, but he really liked this loaf) I used the Homemade method and
programmed the machine as follows:

Preheat -off
Knead 30 min.
Rise 1- 30 min.
Rise 2 - 30 min.
Rise 3- 40 min.
Bake 35-40 min.(I used 40min.)
Keep warm -off.
I used Light crust, but Gloria uses Medium Recipe:

ZOJIRUSHI WHOLE WHEAT BREAD (V-20- model)
1 1/4 cups warm water
3 T. oil
2 T. honey or molasses (I used honey)
2 t. Dough Enhancer
2 T. Tofu White Powder or Morning Moo I used Tofu Light)
1 rounded tea. Real Salt
4 T. Vital Wheat Gluten
3 1/4 cups freshly milled or stirred whole wheat flour (I used milled hard
white wheat)
3 t. Saf Instant Yeast. (I increased the yeast 1/2 teas)

Gloria suggests just using the Saf Yeast for all bread recipes, but for
the northwest area, increasing yeast in the fall from 1/4 to 1/2 teas.
Decrease the yeast for warmer months.

Hope you enjoy.

Carol in Pasco WA.