Kitchen wares at Amazon.com

"Scullery Maid" <scullerymaid@hotmail.com>
Wed, 03 May 2000 12:47:38 CDT
v100.n040.14
I heard that Amazon.com began selling kitchen supplies on its site this
week, and I had to check it out.  Sure enough, they have LOTS of good stuff
for cooks and bakers.  I can't say the prices are discounted very much,
though.  La Cloche goes for $50, which is about the going price.
They have everything from krumkake irons to food processors to Peugeot
peppermills.  I personally fell in love with a gorgeous Pedrini ergonomic
stainless-steel potato peeler that makes Oxo looks frumpy!  There are
cooking primers (how to bone a bird), magazine articles on how to buy
various appliances, lists of kitchen essentials ("Tips for the New Dorm
Gourmet," "Must Haves for a Country Kitchen"), and the like.  It just goes
on and on.  If you're like me and you think the question "Can you have too
many kitchen gadgets?" is ridiculous, then you'll like this site.

Mary B.