Port and Bleu Cheese Bread

Fri, 10 Nov 2000 23:11:10 -0800
v100.n071.2
This was passed to me through many hands.  It appears to have originated
from Molly in Montana.  It's not our style, so I have not tried it, but it
comes highly recommended.

Port and Bleu Cheese Bread

      Place all ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order given.
Set machine for white bread cycle, 1 1/2# loaf size and light crust.

      1 c. warm water
      1 T. butter
      1/4 c. port wine
      1 1/2 t. salt
      1/3 c. crumbled bleu cheese
      2 T. applesauce
      3 1/4 c. flour
      2 T. sugar
      1 1/2 t. dry yeast

You can use honey instead of sugar, just put it in with the moist
ingredients instead of with the flour. The original recipe called for only
3 c. of flour, Molly said she added 1/2 cup more, but I have found that for
me and my machine, an extra 1/4 cup is just right. Plan to check once the
dough forms a ball and if it is too sticky, you can add more about 1 T. at
a time.