Carol Field's Book The Italian Baker

Jessica Weissman <jweissmn@his.com>
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 06:15:05 -0500 (EST)
v101.n004.10
I believe this must be being remaindered, as I've seen copies in many used
bookstores in the last six months where it NEVER showed up before.

A fine and fabulous book, full of many good breads.  I take her salt
measurements with a grain of salt (as it were) since many things come out
far too salty, but otherwise it is really something.

SEMOLINA

There are several grades of semolina flour.  The coarsest won't do for
bread at all.  there's also something called durum flour, which is very
finely ground and works well in some recipes.

Bake on!

-  Jessica Weissman