Bread keeper

Ellen Lee <leep@mkl.com>
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 21:49:24 -0500
v101.n004.11
PD Wadler asked about a method of keeping bread fresh. I read in this
digest some time back an entry about the Tupperware bread keeper.
Although I thought it was very pricey, I ordered it from Tupperware's
web site. I have never regretted the purchase! A loaf of bread stays
fresh for a week or more, with nary a speck of mold. It is so much more
practical and easy than were the zip-lock bags I had been using.

I have a bread machine, and Tupperware makes this item to fit
machine-made bread. On the few occasions that I have baked bread
conventionally, I found that the loaves are a little too long for the
keeper until a slice or two of bread are cut off.

Someone else asked about a recipe for soft pretzels. Lora Brody's Baking
Club winter 2000 newsletter came in today's mail, and in it she has a
soft pretzel recipe that looks very good.

Ellen Lee