A question for the 'Bread Experts'

linda grande <lgrande@koin.com>
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:14:00 -0800
v101.n018.12
The recipe below is one of my very favorites but I find that the finished
product is a little tougher than it should be.  I'm hoping you can give me
some guidance into where I can make adjustments to achieve a more tender
crust; is it the flour?  is it the length of the knead? I'd appreciate your
thoughts.

I always make this dough in my bread machine, then shape it into rolls.

      Poppy Seed Onion Dill Bread

           1 cup water
           2 Tbsp. margarine (I use 1 Tbsp.)
           3 cups bread flour
           2 Tbsp. instant dry milk powder
           2 Tbsp. sugar
           2 Tbsp. instant minced onion
           1 1/2 tsp. dill weed
           1 1/2 tsp. poppy seed
           1 tsp. salt
           1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast

      Instructions:

Put ingredients into bread machine pan in order listed.
Process on white bread cycle; light or medium crust as desired.

Thanks for any help you can give me.