Kitchen Aid

"L. Hyson" <lhyson@mindspring.com>
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 11:45:21 -0500
v101.n018.13
Re Margaret Cope's posting - My Kitchen Aid just celebrated its 27th
birthday and still going very strong.

My sister bought one in 1999 and three weeks ago it made such loud strange
noises, her husband called the company to ask how to grease it.  They told
him they would replace it, even tho the warranty was for one year and
expired.  My sister sent me an e-mail about this and I replied with my
experience but also included  all the negatives I had read on the bread lists.

Included with the new mixer was a questionnaire asking why the machine was
being returned and with her fill-in answers she included my paragraph about
the experiences of bread bakers, plus my statement that if anything
happened to my machine, I would never buy another Kitchen Aid.  When Hobart
made them, they were top of the line; since Whirlpool bought them out, they
have consistently gone downhill - so customer relations has received at
least one message in this regard, but I can't believe that there haven't
been hundreds.