For Helen re Maltcob flour source

"Joni Repasch" <jrepasch@infi.net>
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:48:10 -0400
v102.n014.16
Helen, I can't help you locate the maltcob flour but I do make a bread that
is English called Granary Style Bread........It's oh, so delicious and I
make it quite often.

Below is the recipe. Most of the unusual ingredients can be purchased from
King Arthur Flour.
<http://www.kingarthurflour.com/>
telephone 1-800-827-6836 or 1-802-649-3881

Please note, the recipe is for making by hand but I'm sure you could make
it in your bread machine with no trouble.

joni repasch

Granary Style Bread 3076*

2 cups water, hot from tap
1-2 tbsp Barley Malt Extract, treacle, molasses or honey,
1 cup Malted Wheat flakes
2 cups KA 100% White Whole Wheat Flour
1 scant Tbsp instant yeast
2 Tbsp melted butter or vegetable oil
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Diastatic Malt Powder (optional) OR 2 scant Tbsp Kathy G's Dough Magic
5 Tsp Vital Wheat Gluten
3-4 cups KA unbleached a-p flour

Measure the H20, sweetener, flakes & white wheat flour into a large bowl.
Mix in the yeast and allow to work 15-20 minutes. Add the fat, salt, malt
powder (if using) OR Kathy G's Dough Magic, Vital Wheat Gluten and 2 1/2
cup all-purpose flour. Add more flour until the dough forms a shaggy mass.
Turn onto a floured work surface and knead until it holds together. Let
rest for several minutes. Knead for several more minutes. Place dough in a
greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, 1 1/2 hours. Punch
down, cut in half and shape to fit two greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2" loaf pans.
Let rise until about 3/4 risen. Bake in a preheated oven 350 F oven 35-40
minutes, or until breads test done (190 F). Cool on rack, if you can wait
that long.

YIELD: 2 Loaves

SOURCE: Fr: KA package of Malted Wheat Flakes

* KATHY G'S DOUGH MAGIC

1 cup lecithin granules
1 cup dried whey
4 Tbsp diastatic malt powder