The New and Improved Daily Bread List...

Tarheel_Boy@webtv.net (Tarheel Boy)
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:32:51 -0400 (EDT)
v102.n038.1
Good morning, all y'all.  I'm Bob the Tarheel Baker and I live in the
Blue Ridge mountains of western North Carolina.  I've been baking
seriously (well, as seriously as I ever get ;-)) for about 12 years.
I've made my share of mistakes, but have tried to learn from each one of
them.  Baking bread is an on-going learning experience for me and I
think you newcomers will find it will be the same for you.  I also
paint, make baskets, and do other crafts.  Baking bread, for me, is a
creative craft that I can eat.  I'd like for my column, "A Knead to
Know," to help any newcomers as well as more experienced bakers who
might have questions that I may be able to answer.  Not too long ago,
someone wrote in to ask how to keep dough from drying so hard on bowls
and utensils.  Wow!  All of us "old-timers" jumped on the newby and
hollered, "WASH YOUR BOWL AND UTENSILS RIGHT AWAY!"  In retrospect, that
was a bit cruel.  Here was an innocent newby who had a legitimate
question and some of us just jumped all over the poor guy.  From now on,
in my column, the only dumb question is the un-asked question.
So, if you have "a knead to know," ask the Tarheel Baker.  If I don't
know, I'll do my damndest to find out.  I will also throw it open for
others to add their knowledge and expertise.  If you don't want to feel
naked out in front of God and everybody, write to me privately and I
will respect your anonymity.  I'm ready when you are.
                Bob the Tarheel Baker