Re: Getting Started

"jronning" <jronning@2z.net>
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 20:21:05 -0600
v102.n055.17
Laura - Thank you for your input as to my questioning using a Vita Mixer
for my grain grinding.  After using the Vita Mix for a couple of weeks, I
see that it is great for grinding up the grains and making one loaf of
bread.  I did take the flour temperature right after grinding and it rose
above 130 degrees at which point I have been informed some enzymes are
killed I believe I will want to also purchase a dedicated grinder so I can
make bigger batches of bread and it sounds like the DLX mixer is the way to
go for big batches of bread.  It is great reading all of the messages and
seeing the receipes.  I am interested Laura in what different ways you use
your Vita Mixer.

Do all of you dedicated bread makers purchase your wheat berries in large
quantities?  I see one can order 25 and 50 pound bags.  I assume the
berries keep for years.  Do many of you own and use a bread machine?

Judith