Bread Additives and a minor problem

Mike <mikes_room@yahoo.com>
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:52:54 -0700 (PDT)
v103.n034.13
I see a lot of bread recipes that call for the addition of Vital Glutten or
Dough Enhancer. Some have both added.Which one are you better off using? Is
the end result the same using either one. The Vital Glutten is cheaper to
purchase than the Dough Enhancer. I'm looking for the best bread that can
be made and if the Enhancer does a better job then so be it, that's what
I'll keep. No need to have both is there? I also see asorbic acid (vitamin
c) powder in a few recipes. Do I need a science degree to make a loaf of
bread? I hope someone out there with more knowlege than I have can
enlighten me.

I tried making a 100% whole wheat bread in my Zo V20. I wasn't very happy
with the end results. First of all the loaf didn't rise anywhere's near the
size it should have and it was lop-sided. The dough seemed to stay on the
side of the last paddle that it was kneaded on. What's up with that? Looks
like you have to baby-sit the machine until it goes into the bake cycle so
you can remove it and form it into what a loaf of bread is supposed to look
like. All my ingredients are fresh-used honey as my sweetner-addad dough
enhancer-saf yeast-KAF whole wheat flour-oil-water-salt. I think that's it.
Any suggestions? (Yeah I know, take up cookie baking!) NOT!!!!!!!!! Thanks
for listening.