Short mixing times:

"Gloria J. Martin" <ggmartin2@juno.com>
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:20:33 -0500
v103.n035.11
I find the Bread Bakers list very interesting and do gain information from
it. I would like to suggest that if one is really interested in making good
bread with minimum time, they should use the Cuisinart Food Processor. Mine
is not to newest one with a special button to push for making bread. Mine
the the 7 Super-Pro that has been around for many years. After getting all
the dry ingredients in the machine, starting with the flour. turn the
machine on and pour in the proofed yeast, then the liquid called for and
run the machine an additional 30-40 seconds. The dough should have formed a
ball by now, and is ready to let rise.

Caution: Do not use more flour than the instuction manuel tells you to.

Do be wary of doing this in any other brand machine. Read instruction book
to see if break making is recommended.

I have not tried the newer, very wet doughs in the machine and do not know
how well they would work.

In the 7 Super-Pro you can usually make enough dough for 2 loaves of bread.
In the Custom 11, 1 large or 2 smaller loaves, in the Classic or 10, 1
average loaf and in the X machine, you can use 10 cups of flour, which
makes 3 loaves---all just as fast.

Gloria Martin
<ggmartin2@juno.com>