Food Processor Method

Nancy Silver <nancy@pilgrim.com>
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:07:41 -0400
v103.n036.6
I, also, read The Best Bread Ever, by Charles Van Over,  a number of years
back and I've never turned back from using my Food Processor for all my
bread and pizza.   This book is out of print and I recently contacted the
publisher who told me they have no plans for a reprint. Hopefully they will
change their mind as it is very pricy on the used book market.  It was a
favorite of mine for gift-giving.

I found these web sites:

http://www.gardenguides.com/recipes/basicpizzadough.htm
http://www.gardenguides.com/recipes/thebestbreadever.htm

which are helpful excerpts from the book.

This method has been describe well by Diane Brown in the last posting. The
only deviation I make from her method is I hold back the salt in the
initial mixing/resting as I understand that this will help with gluten
development. After about 20 minutes of resting I add the salt while
processessing the dough for the final 45 seconds of kneading.

Also, I agree that King Arthur has the "Best FLOUR Ever"....I particularly
like the hi gluten Sir Lancelot for pizza.  A lot of recipes call for a
lower gluten All Purpose type flour, but I have a long fan list...it makes
delicious pizza.