SOFT pretzels like Sam's Club

<walljk@wi.rr.com>
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:31:10 -0600
v106.n011.9
I don't know about any other Sam's Clubs but one in the Milwaukee, WI
area has a "snack" area and are serving soft pretzels.  What I've
been able to find out is they come to Sam's Club pre-made and they
run them through some short cooking process.  And no, they are NOT
SuperPretzels.  You think bread when you eat them, not pretzel.

I've tried several recipes trying to re-create them but so far just
have not gotten there.  They are very soft (probably more of a shaped
soft bread stick) and the dough seems sweeter than most bread or
breadsticks.  They are very soft, inside and out.  I think it would
be safe to say they are not first boiled and then baked; I've made
those and these do not have the traditional crusty outer shell.  It
may be a matter of how you bake them but I don't know how to keep
bread from getting a "crust" which is what makes these unique as they
are soft inside and out.

Has anyone else tried duplicating them successfully or does anyone
have a recipe that would duplicate this?

THANKS!