Sour Dough Starter

"ansleyrc@juno.com" <ansleyrc@juno.com>
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:43:07 GMT
v106.n012.12
Hello,

I am sure this has been discussed before on this list. I am finally
brave enough to try a sourdough bread after 6 years and having
successfully killed the starter. I cannot locate a recipe for
sourdough starter in my files. If anyone would be so kind as sending
an extreme beginners version of how to make and keep a starter, I
would be very appreciative. This is on my 'New Years Resolution' to
make sourdough bread. I am not an expert breadmaker. I make good
french or italian bread, my whole wheat leaves a heavy impression.

If you want to email me the recipe off list, that would be great.

Thanks!
Ansley

[[ Editor's note: if you email directly to Ansley, please send a copy
to the list so we can all see it! ]]