Re: Greasing pans and Bernard Clayton

Fred Smith <fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
Mon, 5 May 2014 12:20:19 -0400
v114.n019.2
I used to use crisco (or butter or margarine), but now I use Pam or
similar store-brand products and find they work fine.

Re Bernard Clayton Jr., I have the original edition of "The Complete
Book of Breads", and I love it. It's not *merely* recipes, it's lots
of howto and lore. (my old copy from 1976 has disintegrated, but I
found a like-new "used" one on Amazon a couple years ago for actually
quite cheap, so I'm still happy! I also have his "complete book of
soups and stews" and his book on pie and pastry, too, though I don't
use them as much as I do the bread book.)

Fred Smith -- fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us -----------------------------
                          While we were still sinners,
                               Christ died for us.