Pull-Apart Gluten Free Dinner Rolls

Thu, 29 Nov 2018 20:43:15 -0800
v118.n047.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                    Rolls, Pull-Apart Gluten Free Dinner

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted

   1                cup  Warm Water
   2               Tbsp  Sugar
   2                tsp  Active Dry Yeast -- or (7g packet)
   2                     Eggs
      1/4           cup  Melted Butter -- plus extra for brushing
   3               cups  Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
   2               Tbsp  Potato Flour
   2                tsp  Salt

These Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls are soft and delicious--perfect for the
holidays or your next dinner party! Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
and Potato Flour create a flavorful, traditional yeast-raised roll
you'll be proud to serve.

PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 25 to 30 minutes
PASSIVE: 45 to 60 minutes

Combine warm water and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle yeast
over the top and let sit for 5 minutes for the yeast to activate.

Meanwhile, brush the bottom and interior sides of an 8" round cake
pan with melted butter.

Add the eggs, 1/4 cup melted butter, baking flour, potato flour and
salt to the yeast mixture and mix until smooth, about 5 minutes.

Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into eight to
twelve even portions. Shape each portion in to a tight ball and place
in the buttered cake pan, allowing the sides to touch each other.
Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 to
60 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400F.

Uncover the rolls and gently brush with melted butter. Bake until
golden, about 25 to 30 minutes. Immediately brush again with melted
butter and serve hot.

Review: Best GF Rolls Ever

Oh my goodness! These are the best and easiest Gluten Free rolls I've
ever made. They have a sourdough kind of taste and texture. My family
loved them! If you're looking for light and fluffy rolls, these
aren't that roll.

I made just a couple of tweaks to the instructions:

* After mixing in the ingredients together, I kneaded the dough by
hand (not spoon) until smooth, approx. 5 minutes.

* Making 12 rolls help the dough to cook more evenly.

* Let the dough rise a full 60 to 70 minutes.

* I let the rolls bake 35 minutes because my oven was set at 375F.

I hope you love these rolls as much as my family!

Review: These Rolls are a Big Hit!

These rolls are fantastic! I followed the recipes as written and the
end result exceeded expectations. I would highly recommend it! The
rolls were not dense, or too heavy. They did not stick to the roof of
the mouth like a lot of GF breads and they could be served hot from
the oven!! They were fluffy, had an excellent flavor and made the
whole house smell great.

I was surprised by just how sticky the dough was. I haven't worked
much with potato starch so I wasn't prepared. The moment I touched
the dough I knew I was going to need something to combat the
stickiness. I floured some parchment paper and turned the dough out
with a greased spatula. I also coated my hands in olive oil before
working with the dough. After that the dough was really easy to work
with, cut with a pastry cutter (floured of course) and shape. The
dough rose beautifully and they cooked up with a great crust.

I feel like this is a very versatile recipe. I'm going to make these
rolls a little smaller for Thanksgiving dinner tonight. I used the
leftovers from the test batch yesterday for breakfast sandwiches this
morning and they held up beautifully. So I'm going to try making them
with molds for hamburger buns. The texture will be great, and since
they held up to egg sandwiches I don't think they will fall apart.
These were a big hit!

S(Internet address):
   "https://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes/how-to-make/pull-apart-dinner-rolls";
Yield:
   "8 to 12"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 94 Calories; 7g Fat (66.3%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
69mg Cholesterol; 611mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2018 - 1129