Potato Piroshki

Sun, 07 Feb 2021 17:50:38 -0800
v121.n008.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                              Piroshki, Potato

Recipe By     : Natalya Drozhzhin
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Ethnic
                 Low Fat                         Posted

   3                cup  Mashed Potatoes
      1/2          tbsp  Baking Powder
   1                tsp  Salt
   1                tsp  Sugar
   2                cup  All-purpose Flour
   1                cup  Buttermilk
                         Oil -- for frying

These piroshki are A-m-a-z-i-n-g, hard to stop on the first or second
one, I should stop counting lol. These have a very thin crust,
they're crispy on the outside and filled with a soft filling of
mashed potatoes.

Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Total: 40 mins

Combine together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.

To the mixture, add buttermilk and stir to combine.

Work the dough until everything is well combined. The dough will be
on a sticky side, but that is OK.

Cut the dough into 10 equal pieces. Flour the surface that you are
working on and roll each one out.

Place equal amounts of mashed potatoes onto each dough. Seal all
edges of each one, just like you see it in the picture.

Carefully roll out each one onto a flat piece, you may need to
continue flouring the surface that you're working on.

Preheat a skillet, filled with oil, to a medium heat, fry each pastry
until it's golden brown. They are best when served immediately.

Cal 171, Fat 1g, Carb 35g, Sod 277mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 4g

Question: I ve never fried piroshki! How much oil is needed ? Do they
need to be totally submerged in oil? What kinda oil is best to fry these in?
Response: I like organic canola oil or light olive oil. It should be
few inches, just enough to cover one side.

Question: Can I bake them? Thank you
Response: I don't think they would turn out as good and crispy on the outside.

S(Internet address):
   https://momsdish.com/recipe/466/potato-piroshki-recipe

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 153 Calories; 2g Fat (11.0%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
2mg Cholesterol; 460mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Non-Fat
Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0114