Starbucks Pumpkin Bread

Wed, 03 Apr 2019 17:51:34 -0700
v119.n016.7
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Bread, Starbucks Pumpkin

Recipe By     :Stephanie Manley, CopyKat.com
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted

   1 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   1                cup  sugar
      3/4      teaspoon  salt
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
      1/2      teaspoon  nutmeg
      1/4      teaspoon  cardamom
      1/2      teaspoon  cinnamon
      1/4      teaspoon  allspice
      1/4      teaspoon  cloves
   2                     eggs -- beaten
   1                cup  pumpkin puree
      1/2           cup  vegetable oil -- do not use olive or peanut oil
      1/2      teaspoon  vanilla
      1/3           cup  roasted and salted pumpkin seeds

Starbucks Pumpkin Bread is a favorite of so many of us. This bread is
well spiced, and so moist. Have you ever thought for a minute what a
whole loaf of pumpkin bread would cost if you purchased it from
Starbucks? I can show you how to make this delicious bread with a few
simple ingredients.

** if you are going to use pumpkin pie spice, use a scant 2 teaspoons
of spice in place of the nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves.

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
Total: 1:10

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a large bowl add all of the dry ingredients; flour, sugar, salt,
baking soda, salt, and spices. Sift the dry ingredients together. In
a smaller bowl mix together the 2 beaten eggs, the oil, pumpkin
puree, and the vanilla.

Once the liquid ingredients are mixed well pour over the dry
ingredients. Stir until the lumps are out. Do not over-stir the
mixture. Pour into a 9x5x3" loaf pan that has been sprayed with
non-stick spray. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top of bread. Bake for 50
- 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the
center of the loaf.

Cool for approximately 5 minutes in the pan, and then turn the
pumpkin bread onto a cooling rack. The bread cuts best when allowed
to cool completely.

Cal 274, Fat 13g, Carb 36g, Sod 298mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: I absolutely crave starbucks pumpkin bread loaf. I tried this
recipe and wow. You hit it on the head. I would not change a thing.
Now I am the official girls night bread baker.

Review: Just made these using this recipe!! Wonderfully moist, it's
texture is literally that of the Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf bread. I had
to make these in a muffin/cupcake pan as I don't own a loaf pan.
Instead of 50 minutes, they were done at ~32 mins, with a brown,
lightly crisp texture on the top-so perfect! I love this recipe.

Oh, and I did add 1/2 lightly packed brown sugar in addition to the 1
cup-I know, a lot of sugar, but honestly these were still less sweet
than the Starbucks Loafâ?¦So I imagine they have like loads of sugar
in themâ?¦????

Review: Excellent recipe with the right amount of spices. I realized
I only had one egg in the frig after mixing all the dry ingredients
together so substituted the other egg with 1/4 cup plain yogurt. The
density was perfect.

Question: Can I substitute the oil for butter? When I cut a slice and
left it on a napkin for a while, the napkin was full of grease.

Response: I would use the recipe as writtten, I didn't test it for
swapping the butter for oil. When you placed the bread on the napkin
was some of what you saw on the napkin moisture? It is a very moist cake.

Question: Hi! I made this twice and the taste was SPOT on and
delicious, but my bread turned out a little gummy in the middle and
didn't rise at all. I was wondering if anyone knows why? I followed
the recipe exactly the first time, and had to throw it out because
the outside was hard but the inside still felt raw. I have an oven
thermometer and I've watched time closely both times. So I made it
again and added 2tsp of baking powder, but it still didn't rise and
the middle is still a bit gummy. Again, the taste is wonderful, but
how can I get mine to rise and get fluffy?

Response: My first thought would be the to do a knife test when
making this, just insert a knife or a toothpick into the loaf and
pull it out, if it is not clean bake it a little longer for what it
is written for. It sounds like it needs to bake a little bit longer.

Review: First and foremost, thank you for the recipe. I had a
stroller warriors (military spouse and member running club) night out
at my neighborhood clubhouse and many of us were bringing something
to share. I opted to make your recipe since I had divided pumpkin
puree that I had made and popped in the freezer several month's
ago.The recipe was simple as a quick breads go and absolutely
delicious. Everyone loved it!!!

Review: I was so happy to find this recipe and make it for my kids. I
tried it yesterday but I was so sad that my bread wasn't ready from
inside after almost one hour in the oven. It didn't raise as I do
banana bread and was doughy. I went back to the ingredients and
noticed baking powder is missing, why?

S(Internet address):
   "https://copykat.com/starbucks-pumpkin-bread/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 277 Calories; 13g Fat (40.5%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
42mg Cholesterol; 302mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0403