Buttery Crescent Rolls

Sat, 04 May 2019 17:31:04 -0700
v119.n018.8
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Rolls, Buttery Crescent

Recipe By     :Kelly Kirby
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Side Dish

   1         tablespoon  active dry yeast
   1           teaspoon  sugar -- plus
      1/3           cup  sugar
      1/2           cup  warm water -- (110 to 115F)
      1/2           cup  butter -- softened
      1/2           cup  warm 2% milk -- (110 to 115F)
   1              large  egg
      3/4      teaspoon  salt
   4               cups  all-purpose flour

I always have to double this buttery, homemade crescent roll recipe
because they never last long. You can shape them any way you like,
but to me, a crescent shape is so pretty.

Prep: 35 min. + rising
Bake: 10 min.

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in warm water.
Add butter, milk, egg, salt, remaining sugar and 2 cups flour. Beat
until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.

Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6
to 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
half. Roll each portion into a 12" circle; cut each circle into 12
wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2"
apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Cover
and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350F. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from pans to wire racks.

Cal 128, Fat 4g, Carb 19g, Sod 107mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: Made these as I was too lazy to drive the 20 minutes to the
store for the canned version and wanted to try a recipe that called
for crescent rolls. They were delicious! I made the dough in a bread
machine and quickly rolled it out and made one batch as crescent
rolls, the other batch is for dinner where I made a taco wreath.
Yummy. Highly recommend.

Review: These were so easy, and very delicious!

Review: I was a little intimidated to try this recipe but I'm so glad
I did! The dough was so easy to work with and the rolls turned out
beautiful and delicious. Next time I will double the recipe and put
some in the freezer- they will be much requested!

Review: Best ever bun recipe! I've used it for butterhorns, cinnamon
buns and tray buns. Yummy, yummy, yummy!

Review: My entire family loves these. I even forgot to add the 1/3
cup of sugar one time and it was still really good!

Source:
   "Originally published as Butterhorns in Taste of Home August/September 2010"
S(Internet address):
   "https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/buttery-crescent-rolls/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 128 Calories; 4g Fat (30.7%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
20mg Cholesterol; 112mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0504