Asiago Cheese Bread

Sat, 15 Jun 2019 16:13:05 -0700
v119.n024.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Bread, Asiago Cheese

Recipe By     :Julie
Categories    : Bread                           Bread Machine
                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Hand Made
                 Italian                         Low Fat
                 Posted                          Stand Mixer

   3 1/4           cups  all-purpose flour
   2 1/4            tsp  yeast -- (1 pkg)
   1 1/2      teaspoons  salt
   1           teaspoon  granulated sugar
      1/4      teaspoon  black pepper
   1 1/4           cups  milk
   2        tablespoons  butter
   1 1/2           cups  shredded Asiago cheese -- divided
   1              large  egg -- beaten

Asiago Cheese Bread. A crispy crust, soft inside with an awesome
Asiago cheese flavor. So good with soup, salad, or on a sandwich.

Prep: 45 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Total: 1:20

In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar,
salt and pepper. Put the milk in a microwave safe bowl. Add the
butter. Heat the milk to 120-130 degrees so that the butter starts
melting. Make sure the temperature is just right so that it is warm
enough to activate the yeast, but not kill it. Stir the milk mixture
into the flour mixture and mix on low speed using the paddle
attachment until smooth. Add in 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese and mix
just until combined.

Gradually add in 1 3/4 cups flour to make a soft dough. Knead in the
stand mixer with the dough hook for 5 minutes.

Spray a bowl with cooking spray. Add the dough to the bowl, then turn
the dough over so the cooking spray coats both sides of the dough.
Cover the bowl and allow the dough to rise in a warm place until it
is double (anywhere from 1 to 2 hours).

After the dough is doubled, punch it down and form it into two
loaves. Place the loaves on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with
cooking spray. Cover the loaves and allow them to rise again until
doubled, which will take 30 to 45 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 375F.

Make 3-4 cuts in the top of the loaves with a serrated knife. Brush
the tops of the loaves with the beaten egg and then sprinkle the
remaining cheese on top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly browned.

Notes: You can also knead this dough by hand or use your bread
machine on the dough setting.

Cal 128, Fat 4g, Carb 16g, Sod 315mg, Pro 5g

Review: I myself can not believe that how yummy it is. I'm really in
love with your recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Review: This is the easiest bread recipe I've ever come across and it
is better than store-bought! Thank you so much for posting your
recipe. I mixed the dough in my bread machine.I put same ingredients.
I followed all instructions. Froze half after shaping, baked the other half.

Finaly we saw great results. It was so delicious. But now I have some
trouble because My husband loves it and he said he would never buy
bread from store again.

Review: I have the bread machine doing the mixing right
now..second batch this week! I sometimes mix asiago and parmeson
cheeses, and that works very well, too. I just love this recipe!

Review: I love Panera's cheese bread/bagels. Had this recipe
bookmarked for awhile and finally decided to make it yesterday. I
messed up and added all of my flour to my mixer bowl in addition to
the dry ingredients. I didn't want to waste the flour mixture and
decided to continued on with the recipe. They turned out well and
taste delicious sliced and toasted with butter. I'll being making
this recipe again and curious to see whether there will be any
difference when I follow the recipe.

Question: I came across your recipe and curious if I want to use
instant yeast what adjustments do I need to do? How much of an
instant yeast would I use for your recipe? Your bread looks fantastic.
Response: Use the same amount of yeast. Make the recipe the same, you
just don't have to allow the yeast to activate. Skip that step.

Review: Made this asiago cheese bread & it was fabulous! Do you think
I could make this into dinner rolls? Thinking that would be delicious
for Christmas!

Review: Made this amazing bread yesterday, followed the recipe to the
¨T¨ and it came out perfect! my family really loved this, thank you
for the amazing recipe, this will become a staple in our house!!

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tastesoflizzyt.com/asiago-cheese-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 130 Calories; 5g Fat (31.7%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
23mg Cholesterol; 287mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0418