Overnight Rolls

Sat, 15 Jun 2019 16:27:07 -0700
v119.n024.7
* Exported from MasterCook *

                              Rolls, Overnight

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Posted

   2 1/4            tsp  active dry yeast -- (1/4 ozs)
      1/2           cup  sugar -- plus
      3/4      teaspoon  sugar
   1 1/3           cups  warm water -- (110 to 115F) plus
   3        tablespoons  warm water -- (110 to 115F)
      1/3           cup  canola oil
   1                     egg
   1           teaspoon  salt
   4 3/4           cups  all-purpose flour -- (to 5 1/4C)
                         Melted butter -- optional

I'm pleased to share the recipe for these light and tender rolls,
which I've made for 25 years. I once served them to a woman who'd
been in the restaurant business for half a century. She said they
were the best rolls she'd ever tasted.

Prep: 25 min. + chilling|Bake: 15 min

In a bowl, dissolve yeast and 3/4 teaspoon sugar in 3 tablespoons
water. Add remaining sugar and water, oil, egg, salt and 2 cups
flour; mix well. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.

Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6
to 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch dough down. Shape into 20 balls. Roll each into a 8" rope; tie
into a loose knot. Place on a greased baking sheet; cover and
refrigerate overnight. Allow rolls to sit at room temperature for 45
minutes before baking.

Bake at 375F until lightly browned, about 12 to 15 minutes. Brush
with butter if desired. Remove to wire racks to cool.

Cal 165, Fat 4g, Carb 28g, Sod 122mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 4g

Review: nice rolls, needed longer than 15 mins to come to room
temperature & needed to cook the full 15 minutes.

Review: These were absolutely delicious. Making them the night before
surely makes it a lot easier, when preparing a big meal. My family
said they were fantastic!!!

Review: Light and airy! These rolls are delicious! I didn't
refrigerate (couldn't wait to try them) and they still turned out great!

Review: This is the only roll recipe I use now. My 11 year old is able
to make these by herself. They are great for Thanksgiving or Christmas
because you make them the night before. We just make them into a ball
shape and put them in a pan to bake. They do great that way.

Source:
   "Originally published as Overnight Rolls in Country Woman Christmas 1997"
S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/overnight-rolls/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 165 Calories; 4g Fat (23.0%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
11mg Cholesterol; 111mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0417