Orange Ricotta Pancakes

Fri, 24 Jan 2020 16:13:45 -0800
v120.n004.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Pancakes, Orange Ricotta

Recipe By     :Brehan Kohl
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Pancakes/Waffles                Posted

   1 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   3        tablespoons  sugar
   1 1/2      teaspoons  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  baking soda
      1/4      teaspoon  salt
   1              large  egg
   1                cup  part-skim ricotta cheese
      3/4           cup  2% milk
      1/2      teaspoon  grated orange zest
      1/2           cup  orange juice
      1/4           cup  butter -- melted
      1/2      teaspoon  vanilla extract
                         Maple syrup and confectioners' sugar -- optional

These popular pancakes are likely to spark a craving. For a different
twist, switch the citrus ingredient to lime or lemon juice.

Prep/Total: 30 min.
Serving size: 3 pancakes

In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk
egg, cheese, milk, orange zest, orange juice, melted butter and
vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.

Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4
cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and
bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden
brown. Serve with syrup and confectioners' sugar.

Cal 449, Fat 19g, Carb 54g, Sod 654mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 15g

Review: I made these for Christmas brunch alongside some scrambled
eggs. The whole family loved them. I will say, due to the ricotta,
these are dense and filling pancakes but great for Christmas morning!

Review: The ricotta gives these a great texture, love the orange
flavor. They freeze and reheat well. They'd also be amazing with
blueberries added. Definitely will be making these again!

Review: I would like to try making these without the 3 T sugar. They
are sweet even before topping with Maple syrup. But then again; they
are good on their own without the maple syrup.

Review: These were delicious! I made them with one tiny change; I
used skim milk because that's what I always buy. They still turned
out rich and tasty.

Review: These were delicious and the whole family loved them. The
ricotta adds a great texture.

Review: These were wonderful, especially since they could be eaten
without syrup which i do not eat. good with carmelized ham or bacon.
Worth a second try.

Review: Delicious and light. I used lemon peel and juice, and used a
third whole wheat flour. Perfect for a special occasion.

Review: i loved these pancakes, when I make them again, I will use
more orange zest and more orange juices , instead of the milk, but
they are wonderful heated up in the toaster oven or toaster. These
are not light pancakes, they are moist and a more solid pancakes, but
they are great.

Review: What a wonderful breakfast treat. Loved them so much that 2
of us ate the entire batch! I used the zest of the entire orange for
more flavor. Also can substitute orange juice for the milk and they
are even tastier. Can't wait to make again!

Review: Great pancakes. For a more orange taste, I added a couple of
tablespoons of frozen concentrated orange juice or make a simple
homemade orange syrup to go with the original recipeIngredients:1/2
cup frozen orange juice concentrate1/3 cup cup granulated sugar1/3
cup butterPreparation:In small saucepan, combine the orange juice
concentrate, sugar, and butter. Warm the mixture up on low heat and
stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and
cool. Store in refrigerator. Warm before use. Use syrup to drizzle
over pancakes and waffles in place of maple syrup.

Review: These pancakes are fabulous! I serve them with cinnamon,
orange, honey butter. They are a real treat on Sunday after church!

Review: These pancakes are f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s. As they have delightful
orange flavor, we skipped the maple syrup and enjoyed with butter and
powdered sugar. Light and fluffy too! Just delish

Review: These are the best pancakes I've ever made. My whole family
raves about them. I have also made them with pancake or bisquit mix
(just remove the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and
replace it with the same amout of biscuit/pancake mix). They still
taste great and are now super fast and easy! These pancakes won't disapoint!

Review: The BEST pancakes I've EVER made. They were light, fluffy and
melt-in-your-mouth heaven! I have to admit that my variation adds
more calories, but I had to use what I had at hand: 1/2 & 1/2, just
orange juice but no zest, and whole milk ricotta and extra vanilla.
This caused me to have to add more 1/2 & 1/2 because the resulting
batter was too thick. So, I estimated how much more I needed to get
the right batter consistency and did my blending with a wisk to
incorporate air into the batter. The resulting pancakes were
incredible! I'll be using this again...only next time w/part-skim
ricotta and 2% milk and adding the zest. Just using the juice didn't
give it that extra orange umph that it could have used. I didn't miss
it in this time, but I want to taste a bit more orange. The zest will
do that. 5 stars for this recipe!!

Review: Also added chopped pecans to half the batter. Very moist.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/orange-ricotta-pancakes/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 150 Calories; 6g Fat (38.0%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 35mg Cholesterol; 236mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch);
1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0124