Honey Cornbread

Tue, 28 Apr 2020 17:54:11 -0700
v120.n018.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                              Cornbread, Honey

Recipe By     :Adeline Piscitelli
Serving Size  : 9     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Main Dish
                 Posted                          Side Dish

   1                cup  all-purpose flour
   1                cup  yellow cornmeal
      1/4           cup  sugar
   3          teaspoons  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   2              large  eggs -- room temperature
   1                cup  heavy whipping cream
      1/4           cup  canola oil
      1/4           cup  honey

It's a pleasure to serve this moist cornbread to family and guests.
Honey gives it a slightly sweet taste. Most people find it's
difficult to eat just one piece.

Prep/Total: 30 min.

In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
a small bowl, beat the eggs. Add cream, oil and honey; beat well.
Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a
greased 9" square baking pan.

Bake at 400F for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
the center comes out clean. Serve warm.

Cal 318, Fat 17g, Carb 37g, Sod 290mg, Fiber 2g, Pro 5g

Review: This will be my go-to cornbread recipe from now on. I cut the
sugar to 1/8 cup but next time will leave it out and just use honey.
I didn't have cream so I used whole milk.

Review: Delicious! It didn't even need butter. I improvised a bit: I
had no heavy cream so I added enough 2% milk to about 2/3C of
leftover sour cream to make a cup. I also skimped on the honey, just
adding what I had in the cupboard (2-3 T).

Review: Really good - moist and tasty. I used half the sugar so it
had a great honey taste. I also used safflower oil instead. Maybe
that's what made it light. Thanks for sharing.

Review: This cornbread has been our family favorite for years! So
moist.... lightly sweet.... and rich in flavor. No other recipe I've
tried can compare. It is not nearly as crumbly as most recipes too.
Only thing I change is to use light olive oil instead of canola.

Review: This is a nice alternative to traditional corn bread. The
honey gives it a wonderful flavor. Would definitely make it again.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/honey-cornbread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 319 Calories; 17g Fat (48.3%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
83mg Cholesterol; 308mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0428