Honey Wheat Bread ll

Wed, 02 Sep 2020 18:25:16 -0700
v120.n033.6
* Exported from MasterCook *

                           Bread, Honey Wheat ll

Recipe By     :Meghan Monahan
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted

   2               cups  warm water -- (110F/45C)
   2               cups  whole wheat flour
   1         tablespoon  active dry yeast
   1           teaspoon  salt
      1/3           cup  honey
      1/3           cup  vegetable oil
   5               cups  all-purpose flour

Everybody loves this never fail recipe! It is lovely served with any meal.

Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Additional: 1 hr
Total: 2 hrs

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add honey, and stir well. Mix in whole
wheat flour, salt, and vegetable oil. Work all-purpose flour in
gradually. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead
for at least 10 to 15 minutes. When dough is smooth and elastic,
place it in a well oiled bowl. Turn it several times in the bowl to
coat the surface of the dough, and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise
in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.

Punch down the dough. Shape into two loaves, and place into two well
greased 9 x 5" loaf pans. Allow to rise until dough is 1 to 1 1/2" above pans.

Bake at 375F (190C) for 25 to 30 minutes.

Cal 172, Fat 4g, Carb 31g, Sod 98g, Fiber 2g, Pro 4g

Review: Very good recipe, I'll be making this regularly. This would
also make outstanding whole wheat rolls if you were so inclined.

Review: Finally a simple wheat recipe that doesn't require so many
additional steps! I did want something a little healthier so per one
of the reviews I did use 5 cups of whole wheat plus a cup or 2 of all
purpose just until it wasn't sticking to the sides of the bowl. And
per alot of the reviews I did up the honey to 2/3 cup and also upped
the salt to 1 1/2 tsp. It only took 30 min at 375 in my oven and it
was definitely done. I do wish the directions explained to use UP to
5 cups of white flour - do not pour it in all at once and then u
won't need to add more water like one of the reviews said. Start with
the 5 cups wheat and about 1 cup white mix for 2 min and then add
about 1/2 cup of flour until dough is pulling away clean from sides
of bowl (mixing for about 8 to 10 min total) and then whatever is
needed to shape into dough ball. That being said I was looking for a
recipe that allowed me to use more wheat than white flour and this is
def it! Thank you!

Review: 've tried a lot of bread recipes and this is by far the best.
Small tip, I did measure out two cups of the whole wheat flour but
for the all purpose flour I went by weight. I used 22 ounces instead
of 5 cups and used a kitchen scale. Also, based on other reviews I
did add extra honey. I used 1/2 cup. With those tweaks it was perfect.

Review: I use a cup of almond flour and coconut oil for amendments
after making the recipe about 20 times. Original or with the tweaks
it's an awesome recipe!

Review: Love this recipe I can change it and do basically anything I
want with it! I added oats and made a honey oat bread then cinnamon
and raisins and the original is pretty good as Well! I used white
bread flour to make this.

Review: This is an absolutely delicious recipe! My family gobbled the
bread in a day or two and we couldn't even wait until it was cooled
hah! The only downside: the time it takes for the dough to rise. It's
my fault for being so impatient but it's definitely worth it in the end.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/6763/honey-wheat-bread-ii/
Yield:
   "2 loaves"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 171 Calories; 3g Fat (18.1%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 91mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0902