Dee's Health Bread

Wed, 02 Sep 2020 19:01:34 -0700
v120.n033.7
* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Bread, Dee's Health

Recipe By     :Dee Dee
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted
                 Stand Mixer

   2        tablespoons  active dry yeast
   1           teaspoon  white sugar
      1/2           cup  warm water
   3 1/2           cups  warm water
      1/4           cup  honey
      1/4           cup  molasses
      1/2           cup  vegetable oil
   2              large  eggs
   2        tablespoons  lemon juice
   7               cups  whole wheat flour
      1/4           cup  flax seed
      1/4           cup  cracked wheat
      1/4           cup  sunflower seeds
   4          teaspoons  salt
   4               cups  bread flour

Whole wheat bread with sunflower seeds, cracked wheat, and honey.

In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water.
In a large bowl, mix remaining 3 1/2 cups warm water, honey,
molasses, oil, eggs and lemon juice. Mix well. Add yeast mixture and stir.

Gradually add 5 cups whole wheat flour beating well after each
addition. Add the flax, cracked wheat and sunflower seeds, stir well.

Let stand for 20 minutes, until mixture is very light. Stir in salt
and the rest of the flours until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.

Knead 10 to 15 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Put into a
greased bowl and cover, let rise in the oven with light on until
doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch down and shape into 6 round balls. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.

Form into loaves and let rise covered in oven until doubled. Bake at
375F (190C) 25 to 35 minutes.

Cal 94, Fat 2g, Carb 17g, Sod 133mg, Fiber 2g, Pro 3g

Review: Great recipe. Every time I make it, the two loaves are gone
within a day. We like it with double the amount of honey. The only
suggestion is to make sure you cook it in a freshly heated oven.
Don't try baking it aer cooking something else in a higher
temperature. Even if you reduce the temperature, the oven is still
too hot and the outside of the bread cooks faster than the inside,
therefore making a doughy inside. I'm fairly new at bread baking and
have found this to be an easy and tasty bread.

Review: two well greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise until
dough is 1 to 1 1/2 inches above pans.

Review: Wow. That bread is fantastic! I'm going to make this recipe a
staple around our house. I used 1/2 cup of honey, and it was a very
subtle flavor, I also increased the salt by 1/2 tsp and exchanged one
cup of white flour for another of wheat. I had to allow for very long
rising times since it's winter - they were a full inch above the pan
when I put the in the oven. The result is a beautifully fluy texture
that's full of flavor. I just made this a second time, and added a
1/2 cup of quick oats. This made for a heartier texture, great for
sandwich bread!

Review: Great recipe. Every time I make it, the two loaves are gone
within a day. We like it with double the amount of honey. The only
suggestion is to make sure you cook it in a freshly heated oven.
Don't try baking it aer cooking something else in a higher
temperature. Even if you reduce the temperature, the oven is still
too hot and the outside of the bread cooks faster than the inside,
therefore making a doughy inside. I'm fairly new at bread baking and
have found this to be an easy and tasty bread. Review: I have to give
this recipe 5 and a half stars. This was my first time making any
kind of bread. I read at least 40 reviews to get dierent
perspectives. I followed all the directions to the tee. I made sure
to have all my things together so I could move along smoothly. I used
a baby thermometer to make sure my water was 110 degrees. I know this
sounds absurd but I just had a baby and I have at least four new ones
sitting around the house. I was really scared that the water would be
too hot or not hot enough. I waited about two minutes to add the
honey. I added the flour one cup at a time. It was easy to stir when
I added the three cups of wheat flour. Once I got to the third cup of
all purpose flour I started to worry that I was stirring it too much.
So I transferred the mixture to my stand mixer with the dough hook. I
added the last two cups of flour and let it knead for 10 minutes. I
am glad I decided to put the dough in a gigantic plastic bowl to rise
instead of leaving it in the mixing bowl because it would not have
fit once it rose. I cut my oven on pre heat and cut it o aer two or
three minutes. Just enough to get it warm. I sutck the dough in to
rise. Aer punching the dough down I made to loaf shapes and put them
in the greased pans. I needed the oven to begin to pre heat for
baking so I put them in the microwave this time. I didnt cut it on
just stuck them in there. It took 30 minutes for them to rise again.
To my surprise when I took them.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/6670/dees-health-bread/
Yield:
   "6 loaves"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 98 Calories; 2g Fat (21.8%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
6mg Cholesterol; 122mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0902