diastatic malt-how to make

"Yolanda Welch" <yolieptr@cyberhighway.net>
Sun, 01 Feb 98 12:17:08 PST
v098.n011.10
> and Diastatic
>Malt Powder (gives finer texture, keeps bread fresh longer).

For those overachiever types like me:
You can make diastatic malt. I found this recipe for it years
ago (when I was sorta a back to the earth person) and it is
really easy.
You buy wheat, soak it overnight in water, drain water, cover
with water, allow to sit on counter until sprouts form about
the same length as the wheat. Then place on cookie sheet and
place in oven. Dry at about 250 degrees, do not brown. When
dry place in coffee grinder(clean out coffee grounds well)
and grind to coffee-like consistency. Use in your bread and
enjoy.
Yolie
yolieptr@cyberhighway.net