Re: sourdough starter question

"Alan Jackson" <ajackson@oplnk.net>
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 21:07:45 -0500
v101.n021.8
I follow the the sourdough FAQ which I got off the internet years ago.
I've been feeding my starter every 1 to 2 weeks for about 8 years now
with good results. I keep it in a jar in the refrigerator. Every 1-2
weeks I remove 1 cup of starter and bake with it (or make pancakes),
and remove a second cup which I combine with 1 cup flour and 7/8 cup
bottled water. I let that sit out for 12-24 hours and add it back to
the refrigerated jar of starter. I leave it alone in between feedings.