Re: Sourdough Starter/ Feeding

"Alan Jackson" <ajackson@oplnk.net>
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 21:13:25 -0500
v101.n021.9
As I recall, on a clear, windy Spring day, I mixed 2 cups of flour with 2
cups of water, put it in a bowl and set it outside all day. At evening, I
removed a few leaves that had fallen in it, and then loosely covered it
and set it aside for a few days. After it showed signs of yeast activity,
I began treating it like starter. Feed weekly, and keep refrigerated. For the
first few months I only made pancakes with it, until it matured and settled
down and became more reliable.