Misc. baking

"Linda Grande" <LGrande@koin.com>
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:45:33 -0500
v101.n022.16
I ran across this item posted to a baking board and though it would be
of interest to the folk here:

"I came across a tip from a well known pastry chef. He said that if
you want to get a high rise then freeze your butter and then grate
it. I tried this with my biscuit recipe. I use mostly solid crisco
shortening so I froze both the shortening and the butter and then
grated them directly into the flour. With a spoon I turned the flour
every minute or so so I would not be grating shortening on top of
shortening and thereby creating a huge clump. It really did work well
and the biscuits rose even more than they normally did."