re: bread storage/ crisp crust

"Berti Steegs" <BertiSteegs@Home.NL>
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 07:42:36 +0200
v102.n041.14
Ed wrote:
<< Zip-lock bag logic: the bread at that point (last night) was crisp and
dry... keeping it within the air-tight plastic bag prevents room humidity
from going back into the bread (I live in Florida, the home well air
conditioned, humidity controlled at 56%). But the zip-lock bag doesn't
work. No next-day crispness. Even 10 hours later. Nada. Zero. Zip. >>

Well I have had the same problem with plastic bags on other types of bread.
I do not know if you let the bread cool FULLY. Plus, even when you do that,
I do not recommend plastic bags because they can make the crust go soft. I
recommend you try to get paper bags/ greaseproof paper bags like prof
bakers use. Works for me (living in the Netherlands with no airco).

Success! Greetings
Berti