Noises with welbilt machine

Carlotta Shearson or Steve Hoagland <spock@aosi.com>
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 14:04:51 -0500
v098.n004.5
>I purchased a Welbilt 2 1/2 lb. machine in April of 97.  Almost from >the
>start, when I made a 1 lb. loaf or a 1 1/2 lb. loaf, the machine made a >oud
>oise.  If I made a  2 or 2 1/2 lb. loaf I had no noises.  A few days >ago it
>"walked" off the counter and went to pieces.  I put it back together >and
>called Welbilt so they could hear the noise. Welbilt wants me to send >it back
>because it's still under warranty.  I think I should just get another >machine.

Hi,

I just got a Welbilt machine for Christmas, and I too am having
problems, with a loud clanking noise during kneading. Welbuilt told me
that either that my pot was not inserted correctly (not), that my dough
was too stiff (not, it makes the noise with even soupy dough), or that I
had the wrong pot. They sent me a new pot, but it makes even more noise
than the other. Now they want me to send the whole machine back to them
*at my expense*, so that they can replace it. I'm curious to hear if
there are others who have this problem. If so, I guess I'll consider
getting a refund and a different machine.

Carlotta Shearson
spock@aosi.com