lemon juice and couple comments

Memrie <Memrie@aol.com>
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:39:40 EST
v098.n004.17
ISue mentioned using lemon juice in her bread machine recipes.  I've had my
Toastmaster Bread Box since Sept. 1994 (almost makes it a dinosaur!).  It has
been quite a work horse at least one loaf a week, most weeks more than that.
My recipe book included lemon juice in all the bread recipes.  Not in the
dough recipes.  I read that the lemon juice serves like a gluten in helping
the dough "bond".  I'm sure there is a better scientific explanation, but the
bottom line is that my breads have all been successful except one which was
"human error" (using the 2/3 cup measure for the 1 cup measure doesn't work
too well!!)   There is the blade problem with my machine:  the blade does
stick in the bottom of the bread, but when the bottom couple slices become
toast, it doesn't effect the taste at all.
This is such a great list.  I've really learned sooo much over the last couple
years.
Memrie