Spiced Peaches Bread

Tue, 13 Jan 1998 00:26:59 -0800
v098.n005.12
This was posted to another list and I wrote and asked if I could share it
here with all of you.  The poster doesn't know where it originated so can't
give credit to the source.  But I want to thank LVFG53A@prodigy.com (MRS
IRA M DENNIS) for allowing me to place it here on Bread Bakers for all of
you.  I plan on making it!!  Sure does sound wonderful to me.

Reggie

>Well, this is one that I usually take for the fellow employee get
together at Christmas. It has never failed me and is always all gone
and folks ask for more. I love the spicy peach taste. With a little
variation and work I received a prize for best fruit bread at a cook
off a few years ago.

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                           Spiced Peaches Bread

Recipe By     : Tootie's Special Recipe collection
Categories    : Breads - Quick

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
   2      cups          flour
   2 1/4  teaspoons     baking powder
     1/2  teaspoon      salt
   1      teaspoon      ground cinnamon
     1/8  teaspoon      ground mace
   1      cup           granulated sugar
     1/2  cup           butter, at room temperature
   2      large         eggs, at room temperature
   1 1/2  teaspoons     vanilla extract
   2      cups          peaches* -- diced and peeled
     1/2  cup           chopped toasted, silvered almonds*

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray or butter and lightly dust a 9 x 5 x inch
loaf pan. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt,
and spices. In a large bowl, with mixer, cream together sugar and
butter for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. One at a time, add
eggs, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla until blended.
 Stir in flour mixture just to combine. Stir in peaches and almonds.
Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 55 to 65
minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove pan to a wire rack. Cool for 10 minutes before removing bread
from pan; finish cooling on rack. Store completely cooled bread in an
airtight container in refrigerator. Allow bread to reach room
temperature before serving.
*To remove peach skins, dip peaches into boiling water for 30 seconds
and then into ice water. Peel off skin with a small paring knife.
*TO toast almonds, pl;ace then in a single layer on a baking sheet
and bake at 350F for 5 to 7 minutes, shaking a couple of times, until
nuts are lightly browned.
***Tootie Notes: I purchased a jar of spiced peaches, omitted the
spices and prepared as above. Be sure to drain the peaches well. This
turned out just dandy. Another little secret: bake in a bunt pan well
sprayed. Take enough of the spiced peach juice from the jar and mix
with powdered sugar to make a glaze. When bread is cool, poke holes
in the top with a toothpick and drizzle the glaze over the bread.
When it soaks into the bread, eat a piece and fall out dead. YUMMY!

Message From LVFG53A@prodigy.com (MRS IRA M DENNIS)