Vegetable Bread for the ABM

"Jo in Minnesota" <josiem@tekstar.com>
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 00:05:35 -0600
v098.n025.17
Hello all:  Last week someone wanted to know about a
Picante or Salsa Bread which I tried and didn't care much
for.  It did remind me somewhat of an old favorite though
and I wanted to adapt it to the bread machine.  My first
try with it turned out great so I'm sharing it here:

Veggie Bread for the ABM

1 6 oz. jar Gerber toddler baby carrots
1/4 cup tomato juice
1 1/4" slice of onion, minced fine
1 1/2 Tablespoons canola (or your pref.) oil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 c. fresh parsely, minced or 2 Tablespoons dried

Mix this together in a small saucepan and heat very gently,
just to a warm stage,Not Hot!
Add one egg and mix it into the above.  You will have about
1 1/4 cups liquid.

Put this into your ABM bread pan, add 3 cups of white bread
flour, then 1 1/2 teaspoons of
yeast.  Turn it on and wait.  It smells wonderful while
rising and baking.  This is a great
specialty bread and if you are the reckless kind, makes a
wonderful grilled cheddar sandwich!

Hope it works for you and that you like it.

Jo in Minnesota